Frequently Asked Questions
Welcome to the frequently asked questions page. Below click on the plus sign next to a question to read its answer. If your questions about poetry, books, or performances are not answered below feel free to contact me via email. Follow me on Facebook for the latest news.
More than likely I’d be happy to read at your online event via zoom or local in person event here in the San Francisco Bay Area. I am vaxxed and boosted.
- Any readings outside of the Bay Area which cannot be attended virtually must reimburse travel and accommodation costs.
- If you’d like me to read longer than 5-10 minutes at in person events for accessibility reasons, the venue or hosting organization must provide a podium or music stand and a mic stand and PA system.
- Duration of performance (for example, just one poem on a theme or how many minutes)
- If there is a specific theme to the event, let me know, so that I can cater my set to it.
- The time and date of the event
- The address of the venue or how to access the online event
I am physically unable to assist you in moving furniture, am not interested in being bogged down by event planning minutiae, do not own a sound system, and am also not a caterer. I am a performer. I also will not pay to perform. I need flexibility in my scheduling, and I am not keen on taking up any obligations such as regular meetings, classes, or shows that require me to do something every month or every week because I have health issues to contend with. If these are mandatory requirements for your event then please look elsewhere, or don’t be offended when I say no.
I prefer to perform in the afternoon or evenings and am more likely to turn you down if the event occurs in the morning.
I am unavailable on Friday nights and Jewish holidays. I may make an occasional exception on a Friday night if you are offering me a feature.
Please also check the readings page to make sure I don’t already have an event listed on my schedule that may conflict.
Please read the booking page and then contact me to work out the details.