Frequently Asked Questions
- Any readings outside of the Bay Area which cannot be attended virtually must reimburse travel and accommodation costs.
- If you’d like me to read longer than 5-10 minutes at in person events
- For accessibility reasons, the venue or hosting organization must provide a podium or music stand and a mic stand and PA system.
- Duration of performance (for example, just one poem on a theme or how many minutes)
- If there is a specific theme to the event, let me know, so that I can cater my set to it.
- The time and date of the event
- The address of the venue or how to access the online event
I am physically unable to assist you in moving furniture, am not interested in being bogged down by event planning minutiae, do not own a sound system, and am also not a caterer. I am a performer. I also will not pay to perform.
Please email me to arrange a time to meet in person or via zoom, or you can simply email me your interview questions.
All my books are available for free as ebooks on every service except Amazon. I do appreciate reviews.
I am a performer, a writer, and an occasional judge of performance and writing. If it falls in those three areas, drop me an email. However, I am not in the business of editing books for other writers, event planning, catering for events, nor providing free advice beyond what I have already publicly shared. Please visit vallejopoetrysociety.org for some useful links about publishing and area open mics.
If the project suits me, I will consider it. If not I can forward it to my mailing list. Please send me an email. I am more likely to submit if you at least provide a gratis copy of the anthology or magazine.
I do not have the budget to buy your services. Please do not send me unsolicited emails. Thank you.
The most I can do is perform a poem for a cause at your event. I have a limited budget and physical limitations, so I am unable to donate or volunteer in other capacities for your campaign or cause at this time. I also do not endorse candidates for office.
I can write a poem to order based on a theme, perform a feature set of poetry at your event, serve as a judge of performance or writing, or host an in person poetry open mic.